Latest Vegan Recipes
Easy Tofu Scramble
•1 package organic firm Tofu (13.5 oz)
•2 tsp Follow Your Heart grated Parmesan
(this is not WFPB)
-Heat pan to medium heat, drain tofu and crumble with hands onto pan. Add liquid aminos, and stir.
-Add nutritional yeast, turmeric, black pepper, garlic and salt evenly over pan and stir. Meanwhile the scramble should be cooking
-Stir frequently until mushrooms are fully cooked, as they should not be eaten raw.
-Turn off heat and serve. Makes 4 servings
MACROS per serving:
Add vegan cheese for comfort, sriracha for a kick, or vegan tempeh bacon for more flavor. Baked potatoes cuts will also make this a heartier meal!
Overnight Blueberry Chia Pudding
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2-4 tsp of your choice sweetener (Stevia, coconut sugar, or maple syrup)
- ½ cup freeze dried or fresh blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Add all ingredients except for the sweetener in a medium mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Sweeten to taste using your sweetener of choice. Cover and place in fridge for 3-5 hours or overnight so it reaches a pudding-like consistency.
Served chilled. You can top with additional chopped fruit of choice like mango, berries and bananas).
Mexican Cabbage Salad
- 1 bag shredded cabbage (available at Trader Joes)
- 2 handfuls chopped arugula or spinach
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 stalk chopped chives
- 2 or more avocados, diced
- Black pepper and lemon juice to taste
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss until vegetables are fully coated in lemon juice. Serve chilled.
Indian Cucumber Salad
This super easy salad is served as a side dish with Indian food, but you can also eat it as a main dish! For variety, you can also add sliced radish and jalapeños
- 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced
- Juice of 1-2 limes or lemons to suit your taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ onion, chopped (optional)
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix! Serve chilled
- Soak 1/2 cup of almonds in water and some Himalayan sea salt overnight.
- Remove the skins, and rinse
- Blend the almonds and 2 cups of water in a high-speed blender (like the Vitamix) for 90 seconds. That’s it. I use it for creamer when I make coffee, and when making chai I just add more water.
Most people blend the unshelled almonds and then strain in a nut bag, but it takes too long in my opinion. And I like it thicker anyways
Thai Brocolli Slaw Salad
- 1 bag organic broccoli slaw from Trader Joes
- ½ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup Thai peanut dressing from Trader Joes (may at more or less to taste)
- 1 ½ cups chopped cabbage (available at Trader Joes)
- 1 cup edamame
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing
Smoked Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
This soup is easy! It’s great on its own as a light meal, as a side dish, or poured over chips or steamed broccoli like nacho cheese!
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into chunky florets
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice
- ½ tomato, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1-2 dried red chili peppers or ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 4 tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup raw soaked cashews (soak 6 hrs., rinse and discard water) or 6-8 oz. tofu
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese (shredded or use vegan parmesan)
- 3 drops liquid smoke
Place cauliflower into a large sauce pan over high heat, cover with water. Water should only be about ½ inch above cauliflower (If you add too much water, the soup will be thin. If you use less water, it will come out thick like nacho cheese).
Add remaining ingredients: lime juice, tomato, onion, red pepper, chipotle powder, black pepper, salt, and yeast into saucepan and cook until water boils. Then turn heat down to medium, place lid partially covered on pan and cook for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
Turn off heat, place entire mixture in Vitamix, or high-speed blender. Add soaked cashews or tofu (or both!). This will give it the cheesy and creamy texture. Blend until pureed. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Optional: You may add the vegan cheese and/or liquid smoke then blend again, for enhanced flavor… but the soup will be great either way. If you don’t have all the ingredients, you can always substitute, or omit. You can also adjust the amounts of tomato, onion, and spice to suit your taste. Make it your own!
(Slightly modified and inspired from Center for Nutrition Studies 3-ingredient pancakes recipe)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup of any plant-based milk
- Cinnamon to taste
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Optional cooking spray unless using a nonstick pan
-Heat large pan on medium/low heat
-Place bananas, oats, plant milk, cinnamon and flax seeds in blender and blend until batter-like consistency
-Spray cooking spray lightly on pan unless using a nonstick. Pour about 1/3 cup batter into pan using a measuring cup to ensure equal pancake size
-While cooking pancakes, heat the berries on medium/low heat until warm
-Cook the pancake until it bubbles around the edges (about 1 to 2 minutes), then flip and cook until golden brown.
-Top pancakes with the warm berries and enjoy!
Makes 5 pancakes. Macros for 1 pancake when topped with the blueberries and raspberries:
Fat: 4.5 g
Carbs: 39 g
Protein 5.6 g
Fiber 6.3 g
Optional add-ons for variety: sliced bananas, almond butter, peanut butter, applesauce
Anvita’s Power Breakfast
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 banana, diced
- 2 tbsp. pure almond butter (no salt)
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
Place chopped apple and banana in a cereal bowl. Drizzle almond butter over fruit (Trader Joes almond butter with no salt drizzles easily if you use a fork, without any chunks). Sprinkle flax seed meal
Veganvitalife is a plant-based coaching service offering a comprehensive program tailored to your personal health and fitness goals. The Veganvita Program aids weight loss, improve health and wellness, addresses food addictions and gives you the tools you need to live your best vegan life.
+1 626 808 6448